Wednesday 28 October 2015

Easy, puy-sy! Lentil, Coconut and Butternut Squash Bake



My final year at University is demanding; the days are long with lots of required extra reading and all of this whilst writing my dissertation. So when it comes to my evening meal I want my meals nutritious, wholesome, economical (student budget and all) and quick. My auntie, months and months ago, introduced me to Honestly Healthy's recipe for Puy lentil, Coconut and Goat's Cheese Bake and it has remained a firm favourite ever since. However, I felt the recipe didn't make enough as I like to cook a large batch for a few nights dinner so I have increased the amounts slightly.



Serves 4.

Ingredients
250g Puy lentils
500g Butternut squash, diced
3 tbsp Olive oil
2 garlic Cloves
400ml Coconut milk
80g Goat's Cheddar, mature cheddar works just as well

Method
Cook the lentils according to the packets instructions. Drain and set aside. If you're like me and hate the faff of cutting up a butternut squash, buy the prepared version. Waitrose sell a prepared butternut squash in their frozen section. Place the diced butternut squash on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake until tender t around gas mark 5, 190°C electric, 170°C electric fan. Leave the oven switched on. Meanwhile thinly slice the garlic and sauté in a large pan until soft. Stir in the lentils and coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour into a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, sprinkle over your grated cheese and return to the oven for another 10 minutes until everything is bubbling away nicely and the cheese and started to turn golden. Serve with whatever greens you fancy such as watercress.

No comments:

Post a Comment