Wednesday 6 April 2016

Persiana Recipe Review: Pistachio, Rose and Raspberry Madaleines

Persian food is one of my favourite cuisines; the floral notes of rose, the tang of barberries and delectable combinations such as rhubarb and lamb khareesh. So I was thrilled to receive Sabrina Ghayour's book Persiana; featuring recipes from the Middle East & beyond.





Although all of Sabrina’s recipes are delightful, I especially enjoyed her pistachio, rose and raspberry madeleines. I love freshly baked madeleines so much that I named my pooch after them. Introducing Madeleine, or Maddy for short, munching on a batch I baked earlier (Sabrina even liked this on Instagram!)






If you bake one thing this Spring, bake these. It’s foolproof, incredibly fragrant, moreish and a firm favourite spin on an old tradition. However, the process involves buttering and freezing your madeleine tin before ladling in the batter, so not something I’d make if you’re strapped for time.


Her book is beautifully presented and well photographed. Persiana is available on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment